This is a breakfast meal.
Preparation/ cooking instructions: To make a cup of 500g of pumpkin porridge,
- Mix 5 tea spoons of pumpkin flour into a ¼ cup of cold water and mix thoroughly to form a paste.
- Add the paste to 1 liter of boiling water and stir to the required thickness.
- Lower to moderate heat and cook for 15 minutes
- Add sugar to taste and serve
- Pumpkins are an antioxidant and an anti inflammatory food! This means it helps with joint health, organ health, stress relief and soft tissue injuries!
- Pumpkins can help protect the eyes from cataracts and degeneration with their Vitamin A content.
- The high levels of Vitamin C help the immune system and encourages collagen production for the skin to maintain its beautiful glow and elasticity.
- Pumpkin is a great source of fiber to help wash out anytoxinsand keep your body running smoothly.
- Pumpkins hold enough carotids to give them their lovely orange color and help prevent premature aging and cardiovascular disease.
- Pumpkin contains lots of Potassium and zinc to prevent the onset of cardiovascular disease and hypertension (high blood pressure). Zinc is also great for the immune system, skin and fertility.
7.Rich in Beta-Carotene
Pumpkins’ orange color is a big hint that they’re loaded with the antioxidant beta-carotene, which is one of the plant carotenoids converted to Vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is essential for healthy, glowing skin, strong eyesight, and our immune system.