This is a breakfast meal.
Preparation/ cooking instructions: To make a cup of 500g of pumpkin porridge,
- Mix 5 tea spoons of pumpkin flour into a ¼ cup of cold water and mix thoroughly to form a paste.
- Add the paste to 1 liter of boiling water and stir to the required thickness.
- Lower to moderate heat and cook for 15 minutes
- Add sugar to taste and serve
- Pumpkins are an antioxidant and an anti inflammatory food! This means it helps with joint health, organ health, stress relief and soft tissue injuries!
- Pumpkins can help protect the eyes from cataracts and degeneration with their Vitamin A content.
- The high levels of Vitamin C help the immune system and encourages collagen production for the skin to maintain its beautiful glow and elasticity.
- Pumpkin is a great source of fiber to help wash out any toxins and keep your body running smoothly.
- Pumpkins hold enough carotids to give them their lovely orange color and help prevent premature aging and cardiovascular disease.
- Pumpkin contains lots of Potassium and zinc to prevent the onset of cardiovascular disease and hypertension (high blood pressure). Zinc is also great for the immune system, skin and fertility.
- Rich in Beta-Carotene. Pumpkins’ orange color is a big hint that they’re loaded with the antioxidant beta-carotene, which is one of the plant carotenoids converted to Vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is essential for healthy, glowing skin, strong eyesight, and our immune system.